PRADHAN MANTRI KISAN SAMPADA YOJANA:
Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters with an allocation of Rs. 6,000 crore for the period 2016-20 coterminous with the 14th Finance Commission cycle. The scheme will be implemented by Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI). Pradhan Mantri Kisan SAMPADA Yojana
PM Kisan SAMPADA Yojana is a comprehensive package which will result in creation of modern infrastructure with efficient supply chain management from farm gate to retail outlet. It will not only provide a big boost to the growth of food processing sector in the country but also help in providing better returns to farmers and is a big step towards doubling of farmers income, creating huge employment opportunities especially in the rural areas, reducing wastage of agricultural produce, increasing the processing level and enhancing the export of the processed foods
The following schemes will be implemented under PM Kisan SAMPADA Yojana :
Mega Food Parks
- Grant-in-aid @ 50% of eligible project cost in general area,
- Grant-in-aid @ 50% of eligible project cost in NE Region and difficult areas subject to maximum of Rs. 50 Crore per project.
Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure
The scheme will continue to be implemented with same components with a revised pattern of financial assistance as follows:-
- For storage infrastructure including pack houses, pre-cooling units, ripening chamber and transport infrastructure, grant-in-aid @ 35% for General Areas and @ 50% for North East States, Himalayan States, TDP Areas & Island of the total cost of plant & machinery and technical civil works will be provided.
- For value addition and processing infrastructure including frozen storage/ deep freezers associated and integral to the processing, grant-in-aid @ 50% for General Areas and @ 75% for North East States, Himalayan States, TDP Areas & Island will be provided
- For irradiation facilities grant-in-aid will be provided @ 50% for General Areas and @ 75% for NE region and Difficult Areas.